Monday, February 27, 2017

Violence

I hate it. I hate violence and I hate war. I get so distressed when I read about it in the news and am heartbroken when seeing as the damage it does to people emotionally, physically, financially, and psychologically. I don't believe in war (besides the fact that I believe it's only used for financial and economic gain rather than 'freedom') because of the violence it promotes. We glorify violence as the means to gain what is desired. America cares more about their military budget than of caring for those in needs. They would rather kill than heal.
Except, as I look at myself, am I reading preaching what I feel like I believe? I watch a lot of violent movies and play a lot of violent video games. I give those industries the money which encourages them to continue what they are doing. I let things slide past me in the world that afterwords I actively yell at. Yelling won't get me anywhere and yelling is the violent use of words.
I want peace and to be peaceful. I'm actively working on it and I wish the world would too.

No comments:

Post a Comment