Thursday, February 16, 2017

Article of the Day 2/8/17

Millennials in the Workplace

I'm not sure why, but before I watched the video I first read the comments. If you know anything about the comment section, you will know that it is very treacherous territory. You never know what you'll see that will piss you off, be incredibly stupid, or surprisingly amusing. This time, I found a comment that I agreed with strongly. The Youtube user 'Mirage' commented "Isn't it the parents, the predecessors of the millennials that made the world the way it is now, isn't it them who raised the millennials themselves?  Isn't that like Frankenstein creating his monster, and then blaming the monster for who and what he is?" and that is precisely my feelings on the worlds issues with "millennials". I love this video because he doesn't blame all of the world's problems on millennials and drone on and on about how they are the worst generation yet. He acknowledges the problems and how they aren't necessarily our fault and provides solutions. I felt very inspired by this video and I actually turned off all my notifications on my phone. Due to social anxiety and shyness, I tend to cling onto my phone for comfort. I could never get rid of it though as the people I am the closest to currently in my life don't live near me. My 3 best friends all go to different schools, even different states. My phone is a reason I am still so close to them. With that in mind, I still agree with him. The environment, technology, the way we were brought up, impatience are things that I want to work on to be a happier person and fulfill my life to what I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment