Monday, February 20, 2017

Article of The Day 2/20/17

Thanks,GOP Guy, For Speaking for Utah Women

I loved this Op-Ed a lot. I loved the letter format and the strong sarcasm as I think it was the most effective way to show the ridiculousness of the "GOP Guy" argument and how frustrated the author was. To be honest, I agree with the author as I don't believe that you have to lower a man's wage to bring up the woman's. In addition, isn't the GOP leader admitting to the wage gap by his statement. Also, no matter how much you believe in the traditional ways of the family, you won't be helping them by enforcing this idea. Wouldn't it be detrimental to a family if there wasn't sufficient income to support said family? If he really cared about family, he would recognize that every family is different and works in different ways. Having men and women be paid the same for the same work is so simple and basic, I can't understand why everyone wants to fit it. Shouldn't everyone get the same pay for the same work?? Why is this a hard concept to grasp and implement? I don't get it. It's ridiculous and that's why I love piece so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment