Monday, January 30, 2017

Article of the Day 1/30/17

Revenge by Elise Chavez

My thoughts on this poem were that initially watching it I loved her passion as she spoke. She is a very skilled speaker in how she spoke her words with such deep meaning that you knew this was something very important to her. As a listener, it made me pay attention more as I respected how dedicated she was. Now speaking to the content, I also loved it. I love the message that is no matter what you try to fight against, say, or do, this generation will continue to do what we do and be who we are and nothing you do will stop us. I feel it's very empowering especially since I can see where she is coming from. There are complaints and complaints and complaints over how "the millennials" are the ones destroying the world. In reality, they are just bringing to surface something that's always been there. People have always been attracted to people of other races and to people of their same gender. People have always been questioning their gender and there always has been the deviant younger generation. There is nothing new. There is just new talk. There is nothing wrong with talking about something now but the question that comes to my mind is why is this still a conversation. I love how the poet says that "get used to it". There is importance in fighting for what you believe and feel is good and necessary but there are fights that are worth it and not. Sometimes, a fight that isn't worth fighting is one that doesn't effect you. People will continue to be them and people will continue to fight them on their individuality. No matter what time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment