Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Article of the Day 1/18/17



I have to admit, the only thing that really interested me in the reading was that she said guns in schools could protect against grizzlies in Wyoming. I finally understood what my aunt was talking about in a Facebook post recently. My mom, aunt, and her family were born and raised in Wyoming and they all couldn’t help but make fun of the Secretary of Education for the assumption that in Wyoming, there is a rampant amount of grizzlies threatening the school. I do agree with her that most school policies should be controlled by local governments - as I believe the local governments have a better and closer view of what’s best. With that in mind, I also believe that some items should be controlled by the federal government to hold universal across all school administrations, such as guns. Although I wouldn’t say I agree with all of her points, I hope she will do things that in the long run will benefit all in education and will be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment