Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Article of the Day 1/25/17


I really loved this ted talk. It inspired me to think of the little things and appreciate them just as much as the little ones. There are so many things to be grateful and so many things that I take for granted, such as the things shown on his blog. The 3 A’s also inspired me as they were things I knew, but saw clearer or were reminded of. Attitude is one I have always felt strongly as. There are two roads, as he said, and which one you choose is your destiny. I always try to choose the happier one as I want to be happier. My roommate is someone who wants to be miserable and sees everything little thing as bad news. I don’t want to be that person. I always want to see the good, the positive, and the best. Even when that leads to disappointment when in reality, what I believe wasn’t the case - like the person actually having bad intentions or it really does it worse when you try to solve it - but keeping the good attitude allows you to breathe easy and appreciate more than you could have if you choose the opposite path. The second “A” was awareness. I have tried to apply this to my life in appreciating the clouds in the sky, the colors on the wall, the smell of the morning, and the happiness of relief. The last “A” was Authenticity and it’s something I have struggled with. Why? It’s hard to be authentic and real with yourself when everyone ridicules you for your opinions, interests, and beliefs. When it’s “strange” to listen to what you listen to, “weird” to wear your hair like that, and more. It’s difficult to be authentic to yourself when everyone won’t let you. I learned a hard lesson on authenticity when I went to a concert in LA almost a year ago. I won’t go into details, but the experience was really hard and caused me to be depressed over every interest I’ve ever had. One friend stopped being authentic to herself and desperately is trying to be “normal”. I have done the opposite. I have endured the teasing and ridiculous comments and kept being myself. People will misunderstand you. People will create stereotypes over what you like, what you do, how you look, and more. As long as you know yourself and stay true to that, there is nothing you have to worry about. That’s something I tell myself in order to allow myself to stay who I am and not what everyone wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment