Monday, January 16, 2017

Article of the Day 1/16/17



  • I have always thought as vulnerability as weakness and like the speaker I’ve gone out of my way to avoid feeling vulnerable. I hate the feeling, I feel weak, uncomfortable, inadequate, and useless when I feel vulnerable.
  • When she proclaimed that being vulnerable gave courage and was the foundation of creativity, innovation, and change, I was skeptical.
  • Shame is a terribly paralyizing and blinding thing. It is connected to your self worth and can talk you out or down.
  • Shame for women is “do it all, do it perfectly, and don’t let them see you sweat.” conflicting and unattainable things about who we are suppose to be.
  • For men, it’s to not be perceived or seen as weak.
  • Empathy is the connection and the way to defeat shame
  • To listen to the other, to talk, and to say “me too” to build that onnection and defeat the monster that is shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment