Monday, March 13, 2017

Traits should be Flexible

Traits should be flexible. They shouldn't be restricted to one type of person. If you really think about it, there are never types of people. People can't be put into categories no matter how hard we try. I once went on a date with a boy and I was extremely frustrated with how he would constantly try to categorize me. He was trying to "figure me out" and I found it incredibly annoying. There is no "figuring someone out" because that's trying to place or categorize someone. Everyone is so vast and deep and varied that they never quite fit in the category you place them in. You might say I'm a girly girl because of how I love the color pink, makeup, wearing dresses, and hate sports. Except, I don't quite fit in that category since I mostly wear black, enjoys violent video games, loves horror movies, and my favorite foods are foods typically found at a sports grill (I can eat the hottest hot wings at buffalo wild wings, don't fight me). I'm a mix and so are we all. We all have a mix of our definitions and categories. No one fits in any of them so why do we try to hard to place them there? Traits should be flexible and be allowed to apply to anyone. Nothing should be restricted to a particular gender or type of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment